Do. Not. Sign.
The ACLU and Planned Parenthood have started a petition drive to add an unlimited abortion amendment to the Michigan Constitution. If they collect 425,059 valid signatures, this amendment will be on the ballot in November.
If the amendment is successful, it could overturn laws including:
- Ban on tax-funded abortions
- Partial-Birth Abortion Ban
- Born Alive Infant Protection Act
- Parental consent requirement for children seeking abortions
- Ban on school employees helping children have abortions
- 24-hour waiting period for abortions
- Informed consent requirement for women seeking abortions
- Requirement that only doctors perform abortions
- Conscience protections for doctors and nurses who object to performing abortions
- Licensing and health and safety regulations for abortion facilities
- Michigan’s abortion ban that was passed in 1846 and updated in 1931
Your action steps are simple:
- Do NOT sign the Reproductive Freedom for All petition.
- Encourage everyone you know NOT to sign this petition.
Whether or not Roe v. Wade is overturned by a current case before the U.S. Supreme Court, this amendment to the Michigan Constitution would enshrine the right to abortion in our laws and would eviscerate all pro-life laws currently on the books.
For more information visit Citizens to Support MI Women & Children.