Since 1976, the federal Hyde Amendment has protected taxpayers from being forced to pay for other people’s abortions. It has been included in every federal budget for more than four decades.
President Biden and pro-abortion leaders in Congress are now attempting to pass a federal budget that removes the Hyde Amendment. If they are successful, “free” abortions will be provided with your tax dollars, and abortions will increase massively.
Michigan banned state tax dollars from paying for abortions in 1988. In one year, abortions declined by 22%. Since then, our state version of the Hyde Amendment has saved an estimated 252,855 lives.
Take action today to preserve the Hyde Amendment and ensure that your tax dollars are not used to pay for abortions.
Contact the U.S. Congress
Reach out to your U.S. Representative and ask them to save the Hyde Amendment.
- It’s easy to use this online form: https://rtl.org/legislation/prolife-action/
- Phone calls make a bigger impact than an e-mail message.
Contact the U.S. Senate
Although they are pro-abortion, our Michigan Senators must hear from their pro-life constituents who do not support taxpayer funding for abortions.
- Debbie Stabenow: 202-224-4822
- Gary Peters: 202-224-6221
Contact Democrat Senators who Support Hyde
Encourage these U.S. Senate Democrats, who support the Hyde Amendment, to stand strong:
- Joe Manchin (West Virginia): 202-224-3954
- Tim Kaine (Virginia): 202-224-4024
- Bob Casey (Pennsylvania): 202-224-6324