303 Monroe Avenue NW
The 36th annual Focus on Life Benefit Dinner will be the largest prolife banquet in Michigan, will incorporate 25 student volunteers, and will feature actor, director, and producer Kevin Sorbo.
Guest Speaker: Kevin Sorbo
Kevin Sorbo is best known for his series Hercules, which became the most watched TV show in the world. Later he played Captain Dylan Hunt on Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda and starred in over 60 movies, including Let There Be Light, Soul Surfer, What If, and the independent movie God’s Not Dead. Sorbo is an actor, director, and producer, as well as author of the books True Strength and Think Positive for Kids.
Sorbo has a deep Christian faith, conservative political views, and is ardently prolife. In a commentary for CNS News, Sorbo wrote, “Secular humanists have made the word abortion sound like a woman’s right, synonymous with health care. We dress it up with ‘my body, my choice,’ but it is still a life inside of a woman’s womb, and that life is still extinguished by the brutal procedure of abortion.”
Emcee: Bernadette Smith
Bernadette Smith serves as the Michigan Republican Party’s Ethnic Vice Chair. She has been married to her husband, Pastor Philip Smith, for 30+ years. Together they have pastored Eternal Word Church in Grandville for more than 20 years. They raised eight children, seven on earth and one in heaven, with biblical and conservative values.
Grand Rapids Right to Life Update
Grand Rapids Right to Life president, Laura Alexandria, will give an update on the organization’s accomplishments in the past year.
- Following the event, Kevin Sorbo will sell his books and DVDs.
- Prices range from $20 – $50.
- Cash sales only.
- 5:30 PM – No-Host Bar in the Secchia Lobby. Credit card purchases only.
- 6:30 PM – Program Begins
- To purchase tickets with a check, submit a completed registration form.
- To purchase tickets with a credit card, click here. Processing fees will apply.
- A limited number of high school students are needed to volunteer at this event.
- To secure your spot, contact Laura by September 25.
- It is recommended that tickets be purchased by September 25, 2023.
- Seat assignments will be mailed to ticket holders by October 1, 2023.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Any tickets not used will be considered a donation to Grand Rapids Right to Life.