Since 1987, believers have gathered nationwide on the first Sunday of every October to prayerfully stand for life. Since 1973, legalized abortion-on-demand has killed more than 62,000,000 unborn children in the United States.
Grand Rapids Right to Life supports the efforts of Life Chain, a peaceful and prayerful public witness of prolife individuals standing for 90 minutes praying for our nation and for an end to abortion.
This visual statement of solidarity by the Christian community attests to the fact that abortion kills children and that the sanctity of human life must be protected from the moment of conception until natural death.
Join with hundreds of people in Grand Rapids, and tens of thousands of people nationwide, for a time of collective prayer to end abortion in our nation.
Signs for Life Chain may be picked up on Sunday, October 2, at:
- Crestwood School on 44th Street east of Breton Road
- SE corner of 44th Street and Buchanan Avenue
- NE corner of 44th Street and Spartan Industrial Drive
- Brummel’s parking lot near the NW corner of 44th Street and Clyde Park Avenue
- Stand along 44th Street between Breton Road and Ivanrest Avenue.
- Stand 20 feet apart, but keep small children close.
- Stand on the public sidewalk.
- Do not block the sidewalk, intersections, or driveways.
- If standing is difficult, you may bring a chair.
- Remember that the main focus is prayer.