On January 22, 1973, the United States Supreme Court passed the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy in all fifty states. On June 24, 2022, this egregious decision was overturned in the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization decision. In a 6-3 ruling, the issue of abortion was returned to the states.
The necessary work to build a culture of life is not finished. Sadly, the number of abortions is still over 900,000 each year, and that number is expected to decrease by only 200,000 each year in a post-Roe America. Many national legislative battles loom, including keeping longstanding Hyde protections in place, which limit government funding for abortion on annual appropriation bills. The Hyde Amendment has saved over 2 million lives, but it cannot be taken for granted.
In addition to protecting life through national laws, the ultimate goal is to make abortion unthinkable.
The March for Life is a peaceful demonstration and a witness to the truth concerning the greatest human rights violation of our time. It is also a celebration of life.
Grand Rapids Right to Life will be hosting bus trips to Washington, DC, for the 50th annual March for Life.
March for Life Events
- March for Life Seminars and Booths
- March for Life Youth Rally and Concert
- Mass at National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- National Pro-Life Prayer Service
- Youth Mass and Rally at Verizon Center
- Prayerful Protest at Planned Parenthood
- Capitol Hill 101
- Rose Dinner Gala
- Attendees are able to design a trip that fits their schedule and budget.
- Download all itinerary options and a registration form.
- Deposit of $100 is accepted.
- Final payment is due January 6, 2023.