On December 1, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. In the case, the court will determine whether Mississippi can ban elective abortions after 15 weeks gestation.
Some of the questions the Justices will be considering strike right at the core of Roe v. Wade — which legalized abortion in 1973 — signifying that they may overturn Roe and return the power of abortion regulation to the people.
After 48 years and over 61,000,000 babies lost to abortion, America could finally see the end to the needless destruction of children in the womb.
On the opening day of oral arguments, all are encouraged to join a public prayer event hosted by churches throughout Grand Rapids.
Prayer Events on November 30
- St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, 1449 Wilcox Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids
5:00 PM – 5:45 PM
Pray for Dobbs Prayer Service
Prayer Events on December 1
- Dutton United Reformed Church, 6950 Hanna Lake Avenue SE, Caledonia
7:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Grandville Church of Christ, 3725 44th Street SW, Grandville
12:00 NN – 12:30 PM
Prayer service, a quiet prayer time, scripture reading, and singing.
- Lamont Community Church, 14000 – 48th Avenue, Coopersville
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Prayer service including a guest speaker.
- St. Isidore Catholic Church, 628 Diamond Avenue NE, Grand Rapids
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the church.
- St. Patrick Parish, 4351 Parnell Avenue NE, Ada
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Silent prayer following the 8:30 AM Mass.
- St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church, 2750 Burton Street SE, Grand Rapids
Mass for Life
- St. Pius X Catholic Parish, 3937 Wilson Avenue SW, Grandville
Praying the Rosary
- Pray for the witnesses defending life in the oral arguments.
- Pray for the Supreme Court Justices who will decide the case.
- Pray that the unborn will be allowed their God-given right to life.
Pray for the Members of the Court by Name
- Chief Justice John Roberts
- Justice Clarence Thomas
- Justice Stephen G. Breyer
- Justice Samuel A. Alito
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- Justice Elana Kagan
- Justice Neil M. Gorsuch
- Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh
- Justice Amy Coney Barrett
The decision is expected in the summer of 2022.