425 Cherry St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
This year, the 4th annual National Day of Prayer and Protest Against Planned Parenthood is taking a new form.
Coordinated with other candlelight vigils throughout the United States, this event will be a peaceful prayer rally taking place in front of Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion chain.
Join us on April 13 as we gather coast to coast by the thousands to pray for the end of Planned Parenthood’s abortion empire!
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion chain, killing more than 320,000 babies each year, and nearly half of their billion dollar budget comes from our tax dollars.
Sadly, the Planned Parenthood location on Cherry Street now offers chemical (RU-486) abortions.
Candlelight Vigil Reminders:
- “Candles” will be distributed.
- Signs are permitted.
- Stand along the street in a line. Do not gather in a crowd.
- This is a peaceful demonstration. Do not engage any counter-protesters.
- This protest is about ending abortion. It is not about birth control.
Here are four key reasons to defund Planned Parenthood:
- PP is the nation’s largest abortion chain.
- 35% of all U.S. abortions are done by PP.
- PP takes in an estimated $190,000,000 from abortions annually, accounting for 60% of their clinic income.
- PP is a bad actor and a lightning rod of controversy.
- PP has been caught shielding child predators, lying about what services that provide, submitting fraudulent Medicaid claims, and harvesting and selling aborted baby body parts.
- PP exaggerates their role in providing health care to women.
- PP provides less than 2% of manual breast exams, less than 1% of pap tests, and 0% of mammograms annually.
- PP does not offer basic health care, such as for colds, flu, bodily injury, and virtually no prenatal care.
- Defunding PP would not reduce funding for women’s health.
- Every dollar taken from PP would be redirected to Federally Qualified Health Centers that don’t provide abortions.