The 34th annual Focus on Life Benefit Dinner will be the largest prolife banquet in Michigan, will incorporate 25 student volunteers, and will feature Gov. Mike Huckabee, Fox News contributor and TV host, as the keynote speaker.
Huckabee was the 44th Governor of Arkansas from 1996 until 2007. He left a legacy of tax cuts, job creation, the reconstruction of his state’s road system, K-16 education reform, and a nationally heralded and duplicated health initiative that focused on prevention.
As a staunch defender of the right to life, Huckabee has stated:
“It’s time that we recognize the Supreme Court is not the supreme being, and we change the policy to be prolife and protect children instead of rip up their body parts and sell them like they’re parts to a Buick.” (August 7, 2015)
Grand Rapids Right to Life president, Laura Alexandria, will give an update on the organization’s accomplishments in the past year.
Don’t miss this evening of celebrating life and championing the prolife cause.
Individual seats and tables can be purchased by completing and submitting a registration form.
A limited number of high school students are needed to volunteer at this event. To secure your spot, contact Laura by October 1.
As we work together to protect the precious gift of human life, here are some simple ways that you can help Grand Rapids Right to Life make a difference in our community:
1. For the culinary gifted, PROVIDE A MEAL for quarterly Support Services Luncheons.
2. $5 and $10 MEIJER GIFT CARDS provide fresh snacks for gatherings.
3. Pre-formed COIN WRAPPERS in all denominations make Coins for Kids drives easy.
4. Forever STAMPS are useful for notes to donors and supporters.
5. Quart and gallon sized ZIPLOC BAGS are so handy.
6. Decorative PAPER PLATES and NAPKINS make events fun.
7. For promotional flyers, any color of CARD STOCK PAPER is great.
8. A nice item to offer at expos and student events is CANDY.
9. $5 and $10 STAPLES GIFT CARDS are needed for color copies.
10. Bottled WATER or premium COFFEE can be shared with volunteers.
- May be dropped off at or shipped to the Grand Rapids Right to Life office.
- May be ordered online from our Wish List.