National ProLife T-shirt Day is Tuesday, April 27.
Get some new gear during the month-long Say It with Style sale! From April 1 – 30, all Grand Rapids Right to Life T-shirts are $2 off.
Check out the different colors, messages, cuts, and material in the online store.
ProLife T-shirt Day
To celebrate National Prolife T-shirt Day on Tuesday, April 27, students all over the country are encouraged to wear a prolife T-shirt to school to show their support of and love for life.
Everyone can wear some cool prolife gear, promote their prolife values, and possibly change some hearts and minds. This event was designed to help even the most timid feel empowered to speak up on behalf of the innocent and defend the weak.
- $20 new Social Justice women’s cut is only $18
- $20 tri-blend designs are now only $18
- $15 unisex styles are now only $13
- All items are available for pick-up at the Grand Rapids Right to Life office.
- $5 minimum shipping charge will be added to orders that are mailed.
- No other discounts may be applied.
We’re taking a Coins for Kids baby bottle drive out of your hands and putting it in our parking lot!
With churches, schools, and civic groups coping with the ever-changing restrictions that inhibit services, classrooms, and gatherings, Car Hop Coin Drop will raise money for Grand Rapids Right to Life and for local pregnancy care centers without causing any discomfort or concerns.
How It Works
- Drive through our parking lot.
- Volunteers will be stationed under a red canopy.
- Donate your spare change.
Coin Drop … and Shop
- Purchase a LIFE baseball cap for only $12 each. This is a 20% savings!
- All sales are cash or check only.
Funds Raised Help Women and Babies
As always, the money raised through this outside, socially distanced, contact-free Coins for Kids drive will support the prolife efforts of Grand Rapids Right to Life and the work of five local pregnancy care centers that distribute material goods to moms and babies.
The 42nd annual Bike & Hike Festival for Life is a time of fun and fundraising!
This day of family fun will feature biking and walking along the park path, a free picnic lunch, a play area, and live music. Cyclists who want a challenge can bike the Kent Trails.
Earn Unlimited Prizes
Based on the amount of money you raise, participants can earn:
- Prolife T-shirt
- Prolife Baseball Cap
- $15 gift card – Michigan’s Adventure
- $15 gift card – Rebounderz
- $15 gift card – Whitecaps Baseball
- $15 gift card – Craig’s Cruisers
- $15 gift card – Celebration! Cinema
To be eligible for all of the great prizes:
- Pledge donations are due by June 1
- Mail pledges to GRRTL, PO Box 901, Grand Rapids, MI 49509-0901
- To sponsor this event, complete a Sponsor Form.
- Download and print a Pledge Form to track your donations.
- Download and print a Prize Form and return it with your pledges (coming soon).
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Serv-U-Success, Lifelong Bike & Hike Supporters
Michael Tarach, Grand Rapids Right to Life Board Member
During Bike & Hike Festival for Life, supporters have an opportunity to get some beautiful spring flowers.
Not biking? Not hiking? No problem!
Come for the Spring Plant Sale and get a jump start on the landscaped beauty of your home, apartment, condo, or cottage.
Give your garden a fresh look for spring or discover some inspiring ideas from the wide variety of plants and flowers available.
- Hanging baskets
- Small bushes
- Cash or check purchases only
- To volunteer sign-up online (coming soon).
- No early sales.
- All proceeds support the prolife work of Grand Rapids Right to Life.
Spring into Life is an evening of educating, motivating, and involving pro-life people in the local movement.
Guests will enjoy a cocktail hour, a delicious dinner, an update from Grand Rapids Right to Life, and the opportunity to hear local author, Mary Jo Thayer, launch her first novel, Close to the Soul.
Mary Jo Thayer, Keynote Speaker
With her humor, joy, and large doses of reality, Mary Jo Thayer mentors women throughout the U.S. and is always willing to share her zeal for natural and moral law. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers and the Catholic Writers’ Guild and has contributed to several books and periodicals. Her column “Confessions of a Homeschooler” was distributed through Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii.
Thayer has been the keynote speaker for women’s retreats, Legatus chapters, Theology of the Body conferences, and Fortnight for Freedom rallies. She is also an active and passionate board member of Grand Rapids Right to Life.
Spring into Life will include a chance to purchase a signed copy of Thayer’s book.
- 5:30 PM – Cash Bar
- 6:30 PM – Program + Dinner
- 8:00 PM – Book Signing
- Tickets may be purchased online.
- Tickets may be purchased by a check made payable to GRRTL.
Mail checks to GRRTL, PO Box 901, Grand Rapids, MI 49509-0901.
- Seating is limited.
- No ticket sales at the door.
- Tickets must be purchased by May 10.
Close to the Soul Synopsis
This novel features the story of Carolyn Fandel, who survives being raped by someone she knows and trusts. Carolyn uses her tragedy to help hundreds of others, some of whom she will never meet. Set in the era of the Vietnam War and new feminism, this book will have you crying and cheering for Carolyn as she navigates the challenges of life after sexual assault. This story is one of rape and redemption and all Carolyn Fandel believes.
Close to the Soul Review
“Close to the Soul is a beautifully written novel that weaves the story of redemption through every character on every page. I have spent my life grappling with the questions this novel boldly addresses.” (Pam Stenzel, Enlighten Communications)
For more information visit maryjothayer.com.
In preparation for one of our best fundraisers of the year, Grand Rapids Right to Life is accepting donations for the 23rd annual Holiday Auction.
This event raises money to fund activities and educational outreach efforts that foster respect for all human life.
The Holiday Auction gives hundreds of supporters a unique and fun shopping experience … just in time for Christmas!
To make this event successful, we need your help. Please consider contributing to the Holiday Auction by June 1.
For unique donations, think outside the box:
- merchandise and restaurant gift cards
- homemade craft items
- vacation / cottage / B&B rentals
- homemade food
- baby items and children’s toys
- books, CDs, DVDs
- unique items for the home or garden
- gift certificates for services
Deadline to Donate
Donations are due by June 1.
- Contact us to arrange a drop-off time.
- Mail to GRRTL, PO Box 901, Grand Rapids, MI 49509-0901
Holiday Auction Details
- The Holiday Auction will be held from October 11 – 18.
- People can submit bids via phone or online.
- Items can be viewed online or by visiting the office during set hours.
Join us for a great day of golf and prizes at the 14th annual Prolife Golf Classic.
This event, held at beautiful Pilgrim’s Run Golf Club, is a day of fun for golfers of all levels. Pilgrim’s Run Golf Club was selected as the favorite place to golf in West Michigan by the readers of The Grand Rapids Press. Don’t miss your chance to golf at this prestigious course and to raise money to benefit the prolife efforts of Grand Rapids Right to Life.
Register as a foursome or register as a single and we will match you with other golfers.
This day of fun and fellowship includes a light breakfast, practice balls, 18 holes of golf, on-course games, and lunch.
Does your golf game need a little help? Mulligan Packages are available for purchase!
Looking for an additional way to get involved? Consider being a sponsor of this outing:
- Scoreboard Sponsor
- Food Sponsor
- Cart Sponsor
- Prize Sponsor
- Beverage Sponsor
- Double Tee Sponsor
- Tee Sponsor
Take advantage of the Early Bird Discount! Save $25 per golfer if registered and paid by March 1.
To participate in or to sponsor this event, complete and return the golf brochure.
Join Sean Nolan, theology teacher at West Catholic High School, and Karen Weber, certified Theology of the Body instructor, for an intimate conversation about what it means to be human.
Life in the 616 is moving to a new venue that will allow people to share a cup of coffee and comfortably chat about how respecting human dignity invites everyone to experience true joy.
Come and be a part of the discussion.
Sean Nolan is a theology and Latin teacher at West Catholic High School. He earned his MA in theology from Ave Maria University and his MA in philosophy from Catholic University of America. Nolan was raised in an actively prolife family, and he and his wife are busy raising five of their own prolife warriors.
Karen Weber has been active with Grand Rapids Right to Life for over 25 years. After raising her children, her passion for the life issues led her to complete her certification in Theology of the Body, a study of God’s plan for the human person. Weber is currently a Theology of the Body Consultant in the diocese of Grand Rapids.
- To facilitate an intimate prolife discussion, attendance is limited.
- An online reservation is required by Monday, June 7, 2021.
- Coffee will be provided.
- Participants are welcome to bring their own beverages.
The 34th annual Focus on Life Benefit Dinner will be the largest prolife banquet in Michigan, will incorporate 25 student volunteers, and will feature Gov. Mike Huckabee, Fox News contributor and TV host, as the keynote speaker.
Huckabee was the 44th Governor of Arkansas from 1996 until 2007. He left a legacy of tax cuts, job creation, the reconstruction of his state’s road system, K-16 education reform, and a nationally heralded and duplicated health initiative that focused on prevention.
As a staunch defender of the right to life, Huckabee has stated:
“It’s time that we recognize the Supreme Court is not the supreme being, and we change the policy to be prolife and protect children instead of rip up their body parts and sell them like they’re parts to a Buick.” (August 7, 2015)
Grand Rapids Right to Life president, Laura Alexandria, will give an update on the organization’s accomplishments in the past year.
Don’t miss this evening of celebrating life and championing the prolife cause.
Individual seats and tables can be purchased by completing and submitting a registration form.
A limited number of high school students are needed to volunteer at this event. To secure your spot, contact Laura by October 1.
As we work together to protect the precious gift of human life, here are some simple ways that you can help Grand Rapids Right to Life make a difference in our community:
1. For the culinary gifted, PROVIDE A MEAL for quarterly Support Services Luncheons.
2. $5 and $10 MEIJER GIFT CARDS provide fresh snacks for gatherings.
3. Pre-formed COIN WRAPPERS in all denominations make Coins for Kids drives easy.
4. Forever STAMPS are useful for notes to donors and supporters.
5. Quart and gallon sized ZIPLOC BAGS are so handy.
6. Decorative PAPER PLATES and NAPKINS make events fun.
7. For promotional flyers, any color of CARD STOCK PAPER is great.
8. A nice item to offer at expos and student events is CANDY.
9. $5 and $10 STAPLES GIFT CARDS are needed for color copies.
10. Bottled WATER or premium COFFEE can be shared with volunteers.
- May be dropped off at or shipped to the Grand Rapids Right to Life office.
- May be ordered online from our Wish List.