In preparation for one of our best fundraisers of the year, Grand Rapids Right to Life is accepting donations for the 25th annual Holiday Auction.
This event raises money to fund activities and educational outreach efforts that foster respect for all human life.
The Holiday Auction gives hundreds of supporters a unique and fun shopping experience … just in time for Christmas!
To make this event successful, we need your help. Please consider contributing to the Holiday Auction by May 31.
For unique donations, think outside the box:
- one-of-a-kind experiences
- merchandise and restaurant gift cards
- homemade craft items
- vacation, cottage, B&B rentals
- homemade food
- baby items and children’s toys
- books, CDs, DVDs
- interesting items for the home or garden
- gift certificates for services
Deadline to Donate
- Donations are due by May 31.
- Complete a donor form for each item.
- Contact us to arrange a drop-off time.
- Mail to GRRTL, PO Box 901, Grand Rapids, MI 49509-0901.
Holiday Auction Details
- The Holiday Auction will be held from October 16 – 23.
- People can submit bids via phone or online.
- Items can be viewed online or by visiting the office during set hours.
Pedals & Petals is a time of fun and fundraising! Once this family-friendly day at the park is over, participants have until May 31 to turn in pledge money and earn amazing prizes.
Did you pump those pedals? Now it’s time to raise those pledges!
- Collect pledges from family, friends, neighbors, and church members.
- Ask for $44 donations to celebrate the 44th anniversary of this event.
- Checks must be made payable to Grand Rapids Right to Life.
Based on the amount of money you raise, participants can earn:
- Prolife T-shirt
- Baseball Cap with Embroidered Baby Feet
- $15 gift card – Double JJ Resort & Waterpark
- $15 gift card – Lewis Adventure Farm & Zoo
- $15 gift card – Whitecaps Baseball
- $15 gift card – Craig’s Cruisers
- $15 gift card – Celebration! Cinema
The top two pledge raisers will earn:
- 1st Place – $400 gift card to a local bike shop
- 2nd Place – $200 gift card to Great Wolf Lodge
To be eligible for all of the great prizes:
- Pledge donations are due by May 31
- Mail pledges to GRRTL, PO Box 901, Grand Rapids, MI 49509-0901
- Print a Prize Form and return it with your pledges.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Join us for a great day of golf and prizes at the 16th annual Prolife Golf Classic.
This event, held at beautiful Pilgrim’s Run Golf Club, is a day of fun for golfers of all levels. Pilgrim’s Run Golf Club was selected as the favorite place to golf in West Michigan by the readers of The Grand Rapids Press. Don’t miss your chance to golf at this prestigious course and to raise money to benefit the prolife efforts of Grand Rapids Right to Life.
This day of fun and fellowship includes practice balls, 18 holes of golf with cart, on-course games, and a grilled lunch.
New This Year – Two Tee Times
- Participants have the option to start at 8:00 AM or at 1:00 PM.
- Note your preference on the registration form.
- Tee times will be confirmed via e-mail.
New This Year – Beat the Pro Game with an LPGA Player
- Compete against an LPGA player in this interactive, exciting game.
- The cost to participate is $10 – $50.
- Fee is payable on the day of the event.
- Looking for an additional way to get involved? Be a sponsor of this outing!
- To sponsor this event, complete and return the registration form.
A Little Help on the Course
- Mulligan Packages are available for $10 each. Cash only.
- Putt Packages are available for $10 each. Cash only.
- Packages may be purchased at registration on the day of the event.
- Register as a single or as a foursome.
- Download, complete, and return the registration form.
As this event or your preferred tee time may sell out, all are encouraged to register by May 5.
We’re taking a Coins for Kids baby bottle drive out of your hands and putting it in our parking lot.
This opportunity to help the prolife cause is perfect for those who are not associated with a church or school that hosts a Coins for Kids drive and for people who have coins just sitting around and collecting dust in a jar!
Bring your spare change, or a dollar or two, to Car Hop Coin Drop and support Grand Rapids Right to Life and local pregnancy care centers.
- Drive through our parking lot.
- Volunteers will be stationed under a red canopy.
- Donate your spare change.
Coin Drop … and Shop
- Peace, Love, Life T-shirts – $10 only! (Sizes M, L, XL)
- Awesome T-shirts – $10 only! (Sizes M, L, XL)
- All sales are cash or check only.
Funds Raised Help Women and Babies
The money raised will support the online pregnancy help ads placed by Grand Rapids Right to Life and the work of six local pregnancy care centers that distribute material goods to moms and babies.
Are you the world’s next prolife hero?
Grand Rapids Right to Life is excited to offer the fifth Leadership for Life Base Camp, a great day of action-packed prolife leadership training for teens!
Tammy Erste, prolife ambassador, will lead this interactive camp where young people can come together for a common cause. Everyone will leave equipped with the tools to engage others as you defend your prolife values and live your prolife convictions.
This exciting day of learning and advocacy is open to all students who will be attending high school in the fall of 2023.
It’s time to make a difference for life in Grand Rapids. Gather friends and be a part of this day of fun and fellowship as you become a champion for the unborn.
Space is limited, so apply today!
Base Camp Schedule
- 9:00 AM – Registration
- Video and Tour: Life International, A Former Abortion Clinic
- Discussion: The History of Abortion in Grand Rapids
- Activity: Prayer Outside of Heritage Clinic for Women
- Video and Discussion: See Me Now*
- Presentation: The Art of Prolife Persuasion
- 3:00 PM – Final Good-Byes
- Leadership for Life Base Camp is open to high school students in the fall of 2023.
- Registration form (coming soon) must be completed and submitted by July 24, 2023.
- Registration fee of $20 must be a check made payable to GRRTL.
*A portion of the video depicts, through computer illustrations, what abortion is and does to the most vulnerable and helpless of the human community. Parents may view the footage beforehand here.
Since 1987, believers have gathered nationwide on the first Sunday of every October to prayerfully stand for life. Since 1973, legalized abortion-on-demand has killed more than 63,000,000 unborn children in the United States.
Grand Rapids Right to Life supports the efforts of Life Chain, a peaceful and prayerful public witness of prolife individuals standing for 90 minutes praying for our nation and for an end to abortion.
This visual statement of solidarity by the Christian community attests to the fact that abortion kills children and that the sanctity of human life must be protected from the moment of conception until natural death.
Join with hundreds of people in Grand Rapids, and tens of thousands of people nationwide, for a time of collective prayer to end abortion in our nation.
Signs for Life Chain may be picked up on Sunday, October 1, at:
- Crestwood School on 44th Street east of Breton Road
- SE corner of 44th Street and Buchanan Avenue
- NE corner of 44th Street and Spartan Industrial Drive
- Brummel’s parking lot near the NW corner of 44th Street and Clyde Park Avenue
- Stand along 44th Street between Breton Road and Ivanrest Avenue.
- Stand 20 feet apart, but keep small children close.
- Stand on the public sidewalk.
- Do not block the sidewalk, intersections, or driveways.
- If standing is difficult, you may bring a chair.
- Remember that the main focus is prayer.
The 36th annual Focus on Life Benefit Dinner will be the largest prolife banquet in Michigan, will incorporate 25 student volunteers, and will feature actor, director, and producer Kevin Sorbo.
Guest Speaker: Kevin Sorbo
Kevin Sorbo is best known for his series Hercules, which became the most watched TV show in the world. Later he played Captain Dylan Hunt on Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda and starred in over 60 movies, including Let There Be Light, Soul Surfer, What If, and the independent movie God’s Not Dead. Sorbo is an actor, director, and producer, as well as author of the books True Strength and Think Positive for Kids.
Sorbo has a deep Christian faith, conservative political views, and is ardently prolife. In a commentary for CNS News, Sorbo wrote, “Secular humanists have made the word abortion sound like a woman’s right, synonymous with health care. We dress it up with ‘my body, my choice,’ but it is still a life inside of a woman’s womb, and that life is still extinguished by the brutal procedure of abortion.”
Emcee: Bernadette Smith
Bernadette Smith serves as the Michigan Republican Party’s Ethnic Vice Chair. She has been married to her husband, Pastor Philip Smith, for 30+ years. Together they have pastored Eternal Word Church in Grandville for more than 20 years. They raised eight children, seven on earth and one in heaven, with biblical and conservative values.
Grand Rapids Right to Life Update
Grand Rapids Right to Life president, Laura Alexandria, will give an update on the organization’s accomplishments in the past year.
- Following the event, Kevin Sorbo will sell his books and DVDs.
- Prices range from $20 – $50.
- Cash sales only.
- To purchase tickets with a check, submit a completed registration form.
- To purchase tickets with a credit card, click here. Processing fees will apply.
- A limited number of high school students are needed to volunteer at this event.
- To secure your spot, contact Laura by September 25.
- It is recommended that tickets be purchased by September 25, 2023.
- Seat assignments will be mailed to ticket holders by October 1, 2023.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Any tickets not used will be considered a donation to Grand Rapids Right to Life.
As we work together to protect the precious gift of human life, here are some simple ways that you can help Grand Rapids Right to Life make a difference in our community.
Wish List Items
Forever stamps are useful for notes to donors and supporters.
Disposable coffee cups with lids come in handy when working with volunteers.
$5 and $10 Meijer gift cards provide fresh snacks for gatherings.
Pre-formed coin wrappers in all denominations make Coins for Kids drives easy.
For mailings, it is essential to have Avery 5160 mailing labels.
Gift cards to Subway provide sustenance for gatherings.
For promotional flyers, any color of card stock paper is great.
Mini candy bars are very popular at expos and student events.
$5 and $10 Staples gift cards are vital for office supplies.
Bottled water or premium coffee can be shared with volunteers.
- May be dropped off at or shipped to the Grand Rapids Right to Life office.
- May be ordered online from our Wish List.