Students are eligible for one of five $100 scholarships to be applied to their Grand Rapids Right to Life bus trip expenses for their trip to the March for Life in Washington, DC.
Held on the somber anniversary of the Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton U.S. Supreme Court decisions that legalized abortion-on-demand in this country, this peaceful demonstration is a witness to the truth concerning the greatest human rights violation of our time.
The March for Life in Washington, DC, began as a small demonstration and rapidly grew into the largest prolife event in the world.
Students 18 years of age or younger at the time of the application deadline need only submit a completed application and a 250-word essay on how they will utilize the March for Life experience in their daily life.
The March for Life will take place on January 21, 2022.
- Typed in 12-point font
- 250 words
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit the essay and application by January 1.
This year marks the 49th anniversary of legalized abortion in the United States.
To honor and mourn the 61,000,000 lives lost to abortion since 1973, Grand Rapids Right to Life is sponsoring the annual Memorial Procession for the Unborn.
Join a car caravan, which will proceed along 28th Street from Wyoming to Cascade.
- 1:30 PM – prepare car with window paint and signs
- 2:00 PM – procession begins
- Place messages on your car about the travesty of abortion.
- Window paint will be provided.
- Pre-printed signs and tape will be available.
Holy Family Radio
- From home or while driving in the procession, tune-in to 1140AM or 98.3FM to listen to prolife programming provided by Holy Family Radio.
- Donations of diapers and baby wipes will be accepted for local pregnancy care centers.
- To volunteer for this event, contact Laura.
On January 22, 1973, the United States Supreme Court passed the Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton decisions that legalized abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy in all fifty states.
The peaceful demonstration on this somber anniversary every year since 1973 is a witness to the truth concerning the greatest human rights violation of our time. The March for Life in Washington, DC, began as a small demonstration and rapidly grew into the largest prolife event in the world.
Grand Rapids Right to Life will be hosting bus trips to Washington, DC, for the 49th annual March for Life.
March for Life Events
- March for Life Seminars and Booths
- March for Life Youth Rally
- Mass at National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Youth Mass and Rally at Verizon Center
- March for Life
- Rose Dinner
- Attendees are able to design a trip that fits their schedule and budget
- Download all itinerary options and a registration form
- Deposit of $100 is accepted
- Final payment is due January 7, 2022
All are welcome to listen to a guest speaker share her story of redemption following an abortion experience.
Life in the 616 is hosted in a venue that allows people to share a cup of coffee and comfortably chat about prolife issues.
Everyone is welcome to come and be a part of this heartfelt discussion.
This special guest speaker will share the circumstances that led her to choose abortion, and the redemption that allowed her to heal and move forward with a bright future and a beautiful marriage.
- To facilitate an intimate prolife discussion, attendance is limited.
- Due to room capacity, this event may sell-out.
- An online reservation is required by Monday, February 21.
- Coffee will be provided.
- Participants are welcome to bring their own beverages.
As we work together to protect the precious gift of human life, here are some simple ways that you can help Grand Rapids Right to Life make a difference in our community.
Wish List Items
A variety of Sharpie ultra fine markers come in handy.
$5 and $10 Meijer gift cards provide fresh snacks for gatherings.
Pre-formed coin wrappers in all denominations make Coins for Kids drives easy.
Forever stamps are useful for notes to donors and supporters.
For promotional flyers, any color of card stock paper is great.
Mini candy bars are very popular at expos and student events.
$5 and $10 Staples gift cards are vital for color copies.
For mailings, it is essential to have Avery 5160 mailing labels.
Decorative paper plates and matching napkins make events fun.
Bottled water or premium coffee can be shared with volunteers.
- May be dropped off at or shipped to the Grand Rapids Right to Life office.
- May be ordered online from our Wish List.