As we work together to protect the precious gift of human life, here are some simple ways that you can help Grand Rapids Right to Life make a difference in our community:
1. For the culinary gifted, PROVIDE A MEAL for quarterly Support Services Luncheons.
2. $5 and $10 MEIJER GIFT CARDS provide fresh snacks for gatherings.
3. Pre-formed COIN WRAPPERS in all denominations make Coins for Kids drives easy.
4. Forever STAMPS are useful for notes to donors and supporters.
5. Quart and gallon sized ZIPLOC BAGS are so handy.
6. Decorative PAPER PLATES and NAPKINS make events fun.
7. For promotional flyers, any color of CARD STOCK PAPER is great.
8. A nice item to offer at expos and student events is CANDY.
9. $5 and $10 STAPLES GIFT CARDS are needed for color copies.
10. Bottled WATER or premium COFFEE can be shared with volunteers.
Donations may be dropped off at or shipped to the Grand Rapids Right to Life office.
To discover additional ways to be involved with Grand Rapids Right to Life, contact us.
This year marks the 48th anniversary of legalized abortion in the United States.
To honor and mourn the 60,000,000 lives lost to abortion since 1973, Grand Rapids Right to Life is sponsoring the annual Memorial Procession for the Unborn.
Join a car caravan, which will proceed along 28th Street from Wyoming to Cascade.
- 1:30 PM – prepare car with window paint and signs
- 2:00 PM – procession begins
- Place messages on your car about the travesty of abortion.
- Window paint will be provided.
- Pre-printed signs and tape will be available.
Holy Family Radio
- From home or while driving in the procession, tune-in to 1140AM or 98.3FM to listen to prolife programming provided by Holy Family Radio.
- Donations of diapers and baby wipes will be accepted for local pregnancy care centers.
- To volunteer for this event, contact Laura.
THE MARCH FOR LIFE ORGANIZATION
HAS CANCELED THIS EVENT
“In light of the fact that we are in the midst of a pandemic which may be peaking, and in view of the heightened pressures that law enforcement officers and others are currently facing in and around the Capitol, this year’s March for Life will look different. The annual rally will take place virtually and we are asking all participants to stay home and to join the March virtually.”
–March for Life
On January 22, 1973, the United States Supreme Court passed the Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton decisions that legalized abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy in all fifty states.
The peaceful demonstration on this somber anniversary every year since 1973 is a witness to the truth concerning the greatest human rights violation of our time. The March for Life in Washington, DC, began as a small demonstration and rapidly grew into the largest prolife event in the world.
Grand Rapids Right to Life will be hosting bus trips to Washington, DC, for the 48th annual March for Life.
March for Life Events
- March for Life Seminars and Booths
- March for Life Youth Rally
- Mass at National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Youth Mass and Rally at Verizon Center
- March for Life
- Rose Dinner
- Attendees are able to design a trip that fits their schedule and budget
- Download all itinerary options and a registration form
- Prices may change due to these unusual times
- Deposit of $100 is accepted
- Final payment is due January 8, 2021
Need money toward tuition … books … school supplies?
Compete for the Grand Rapids Right to Life Prolife Youth Award and a $250 scholarship!
This scholarship is for high school seniors who have demonstrated excellence in the prolife movement.
One local student will win a scholarship from Grand Rapids Right to Life and will then be nominated to Right to Life of Michigan for consideration for the state award.
To participate, high school seniors must submit an application, a list of prolife activities, and an essay focused on what this generation can do to promote a positive, prolife message.
- Typed in 12-point font
- 300 – 400 words
- List and describe your prolife activities and volunteer efforts.
- Work with Grand Rapids Right to Life or Right to Life of Michigan must be included.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Mail or e-mail the application and essay by March 1.
Here is a wonderful opportunity to show your support for life!
Each year Right to Life of Michigan holds a state conference in Lansing. An important part of this annual meeting is the Conference Book.
Hundreds of local businesses and individuals place ads in the Conference Book to show their support for the prolife movement.
Professionals can also have their names listed on a page for attorneys, dentists, physicians, and educators … just ask us how!
The Conference Book will be distributed to businesses and individuals throughout the Grand Rapids community. Those looking to work with a prolife business are encouraged to contact the companies and professionals who placed an ad in this book.
- Conference Book ads start as low as $75.
- Patron ads start as low as $25.
- Name placement in the professionals ads starts as low as $25.
Place an Ad
- The deadline to place an ad is March 15.
- To place an ad contact Laura.
Donations to the Conference Book
- Advertisement contributions are not tax-deductible.
- The cost of advertising may be deducted as a business expense.
Be a voice for the voiceless this March!
Enter the 32nd annual High School Oratory Contest sponsored by Grand Rapids Right to Life. This is a great way for high school students to practice their public speaking and leadership skills.
Each student who enters the contest will research, write, and present a 5-7 minute speech on a prolife topic.
The top three finalists will earn cash prizes.
The first place winner will also compete at the State High School Oratory Contest on Saturday, May 22, in Charlotte.
This is a great opportunity for high school students to take a stand for life and to possibly earn some extra cash!
All are welcome to come and listen to the presentations.
- Participants must be in grades 9 – 12 as of February 1.
- $200 – 1st place
- $150 – 2nd place
- $100 – 3rd place
- Research, write, and present a 5-7 minute speech.
- Topics include abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit the application by March 1.