Held each spring, the High School Oratory Contest offers students the opportunity to speak up for life.
Each contestant must prepare a 5-7 minute speech on abortion, euthanasia, infanticide, human cloning, or embryonic stem cell research.
The top three winners receive cash prizes, and the first place winner will compete in the statewide contest.
- High school student (grades 9 – 12) at time of the contest
- Students must research, write, and present an original prolife speech
- Speeches are to be 5 – 7 minutes long
PREVIOUS CONTEST WINNERS
- 2020 – Ethan Daniel Huizen (state oratory 2nd place)
- 2019 – Emma DeNooy (state oratory 3rd place)
- 2018 – Paige VanKlompenberg
- 2017 – Gabe Meyer
- 2016 – Evan Sander
- 2015 – Noelle-Ashley DeNooy (state oratory 1st place)
- 2014 – Jodi DeLange
- 2013 – Jennifer Evans
To compete in the High School Oratory Contest:
- Download and complete the application form (coming soon).
- Submit it by March 1 to Grand Rapids Right to Life.